Legal Analysis and Writing Workshops (Intensive Series)
About this Workshop Series
Facilitated by Dr Chantal Morton, this workshop series will run every day 9AM – 1PM for one week in Room 317. The following topics and skills will be covered:
Day 1 (Monday July 29):
- Reading Strategies and Taking Notes
- Interpreting Statutes and Reading Judgments (Part 1)
Day 2 (Tuesday July 30):
- Interpreting Statutes and Reading Judgments (Part 2)
- Legal Analysis in a Common Law Legal System (working with law)
Day 3 (Wednesday July 31):
- Strategies for Writing Legal Research Papers
- Using law and secondary sources to support your argument
Day 4 (Thursday August 1):
- Referencing (Footnotes) and the AGLC – Domestic and International
- Writing Persuasively: more on developing arguments
Day 5 (Friday August 2):
- Responding to Hypothetical Problems on Take-Home Exams
- Editing for clarity
How to Register
You only need to register once for all workshops in this series.
- Click the ‘add to event cart’ button at the top of this page.
- Click the ‘proceed to registration’ button.
- Fill out your contact information and click the ‘proceed to finalize registration’ button (this may appear as a blank button on the bottom right of the page).
Troubleshooting: If you are having problems registering, open a private/incognito window in your browser and type in the URL for this page (https://successatmls.com/events/mlm-intensive-2019), and try again.
If you are unable to attend the workshops, you can access the PowerPoint slides and materials which will be posted to the Legal Academic Skills Centre LMS Community.
Add to Calendar
- July 29, 2019 - August 2, 2019
9:00 am - 1:00 pm